Healthy Stir Fry – Clean Eating Teriyaki Chicken and Quinoa Recipe
Quinoa is a great grain for clean eating.
It’s full of nutrition and isn’t harsh on the digestive system. Because of that, it’s also a great choice for gluten-free diet.
Due to quinoa’s light composition, it also absorbs flavors well. And today’s clean eating teriyaki sauce is full of flavor. Add mixed vegetables and chicken slices, this was a scrumptious healthy stir fry.
I hope you like the recipe.
Healthy Stir Fry – Clean Eating Teriyaki Chicken and Quinoa Recipe (makes 2)
– 2 organic chicken breasts, sliced
– 1 table spoon of rice wine
– 1 tea spoon of tamari soy sauce
– 2 tea spoons of corn starch
– 1 table spoon of vegetable oyster sauce
– 2 table spoons of homemade or organic teriyaki sauce, divided (for homemade teriyaki sauce, click here)
– 1/2 cup of mixed vegetables
– 2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil, divided
– 2-3 cups of cooked organic quinoa
– 1 pinch of sea salt
– 1 pinch of ground white pepper powder
1. In a mixing bowl, add chicken, tamari soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, teriyaki sauce and corn starch. Mix well, and let marinade for at least 1/2 hour.
2. Heat frying pan on high. Add 1 table spoon of olive oil. When oil becomes hot, add chicken, and cook until it’s thoroughly cooked. Set aside.
3. Heat wok on high. Add the other table spoon of olive oil. When oil becomes hot, add mixed vegetables and stir for 1/2 minute.
4. Add cooked quinoa, the other table spoon of teriyaki sauce, sea salt and white pepper powder, and stir rigorously for 1/2 minute. Then let cook and stir occasionally for the next 1/2 min.
5. Reduce heat to medium. Add cooked chicken, and stir for 1/2 minute.
Thanks for visiting Best Clean Eating Recipes!
Again, hope you enjoyed the recipe. If you wish to save or print it, use the recipe card above.
See you next time!