Clean Eating Recipe – Healthy Orange Chicken Recipe
Clean Eating Recipe – Healthy Orange Chicken
- 8 ounces of organic chicken breast, sliced
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil
- 1 table spoon of dijon mustard
- 1/2 tea spoon of sesame oil
- 1/8 cup of lite all-natural soy sauce
- 1/2 table spoon of white cooking wine (or rice wine)
- 1 mandarin orange, peeled and sliced (use 1/2 of the orange for juice in the sauce, and save the other half for cooking time)
- 1 table spoon of organic agave nectar
- 1/2 table spoon of honey
- 1/2 tea spoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tea spoon of organic half and half
- 1/2 table spoon of corn starch
- 2 tea spoons of minced garlic
- Dice 1/2 of the mandarin orange. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add dijon mustard, sesame oil, soy sauce, cooking wine, agave, honey, vinegar and half and half. Then squeeze each slice of 1/2 of the mandarin orange in the mix.
- Stir well. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add chicken slices. Add corn starch. Then add the mix from above. Stir well.
- Marinade for 30 min to an hour.
- Heat wok on high. Add coconut oil.
- When oil melts, add garlic.
- Cook garlic until they're golden. (Takes about 30 seconds.) Then add marinaded chicken.
- Stir on high for 2 minutes.
- Add half and half, then turn heat down to med-high.
- Stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn heat to high again.
- Stir for another minute.
- Done. Enjoy.
Thanks for visiting Best Clean Eating Recipes again. Today’s orange chicken was tangy, garlic-y and sweet. Plus, it’s healthy too, and everyone likes that. My family certainly did.
I hope you get a chance to make this for dinner some time. It really was a treat.