Healthy Snack – Clean Eating Snack Recipe for Roasted Garlic Hummus
Thanks again for visiting Best Clean Eating Recipes!
Today’s healthy snack was extremely easy and absolutely delicious. Honestly one of my favorite nutritious snacks to make and eat. I’ve always felt that the simplest recipes are the best, and this roasted garlic hummus is proof.
I enjoyed my dip with crunchy cucumber slices, but of course, you can eat it with many other nutritious snacks. I also had it with All-Natural Hummus Chips and Stacy’s Natural Pita Chips. They were both tasty.
The recipe isn’t spectacular. It’s been done on many websites. But it’s a first for Best Clean Eating Recipes, and if you happen to stumble across this website, then please consider it as a clean eating healthy snack idea.
Clean Eating Snack Recipe – Roasted Garlic Hummus
– 2 cups of organic canned chick peas (try Libby’s Organic Garbanzo Beans), drained
– 2 table spoons of tahini
– 4 table spoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
– Olive oil spray
– 1/4 cup of water
– 1 splash of sea salt
– 1 splash of paprika
– 1 tea spoon of fresh lemon juice
– 5 – 10 garlic gloves, peeled and crushed
1. Preheat oven at 375 F.
2. Coat garlic cloves olive oil spray and wrap securely in tin foil.
3. Roast garlic for 1 hour. Remove and set aside until garlic’s cool.
4. Add roasted garlic, canned chickpeas, and all other ingredients into a food processor. (The Cuisine Art Mini Food Processor is a great choice for this particular recipe.)
5. Blend until completely smooth. (Add water as needed.)
Scrape everything into a bowl, and enjoy with cucumber, all-natural pita chips, or your choice of clean eating snack.
Please save and print recipe from the recipe card below.
Again, thanks for visiting Best Clean Eating Recipes!
Have a wonderful day.