Healthy Meal for Clean Eating: Curry Greek Yogurt Chicken
Welcome back to Best Clean Eating Recipes!
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and feasted to your heart’s content. If you need recovery from the holiday’s overindulgence, do try today’s healthy meal and clean eating dinner. This Curry Greek Yogurt Chicken was a tasty idea–and an easy healthy recipe too.
I love using Greek yogurt for cooking.
How about you?
I’ve created some of the easiest healthy recipes for weight loss with Greek yogurt. Its rich texture adds creaminess to sauces, but the best part, of course, is that Greek yogurt offers many nutritional benefits, including abundant protein and calcium. Plus, because of its (relatively) low caloric value, it helps with weight loss too.
There’s debate about which yogurt is better–Greek or regular?
I may be wrong, but Greek yogurt wins by far. It undergoes extra straining process to remove liquid whey, sugar and lactose, giving it more nutritional value and thicker consistency. In the end, Greek yogurt offers double the protein and less sugar while containing the same amount of calories. (Source: USNews.com, Greek Yogurt Vs. Regular Yogurt: Which is More Healthful?)
Whether you enjoy eating yogurt by itself or adding it in healthy recipes for weight loss, I hope you choose Greek yogurt.
Now, onto today’s Healthy Meal and Clean Eating Recipe…
Healthy Meal for Clean Eating: Curry Greek Yogurt Chicken Recipe
– 2 cups of cooked all-natural chicken breast, sliced or diced
– 1/8 cup of diced onion
– 1/2 cup of sweet peas, cooked or canned
– 11/2 to 2 tea spoons of madras curry (try Sun Brand Madras Curry Powder. It’s good.)
– 4 table spoons of plain nonfat Greek yogurt
– 1 table spoon of organic Half and Half
– 1 sprinkle of paprika
– 1 table spoon of real butter
– sea salt
– 1 table spoon of fennel
– 1 cup of organic nonfat milk
1. In a mixing bowl, add curry, paprika and half and half. Mix well.
2. Heat pan on high. Add butter.
3. When butter melts, add onion, sweet pea and pinch of sea salt. Stir to mix. Reduce heat to med-high, and let content cook for about 1 min. Stir occasionally.
4. Add chicken, and stir to mix for about 10 seconds.
5. Add sauce mix from mixing bowl. Then add fennel.
6. Stir and cook content for another minute.
7. Slowly stir in milk. Mix slowly.
8. Reduce heat to low, and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Enjoy with a bed of organic quinoa, or healthy grain of your choice.
Thanks for visiting Best Clean Eating Recipes again. Below is a printable version of the same recipe.
I hope you like today’s healthy meal and clean eating recipe as much as I did.
Thanks again for visiting!
Have a wonderful day.