Clean Eating Diet Plan loves black rice and here’s why:
Black rice is dense in nutrients such as vitamins, iron and fiber. Its hull, the outermost layer of the rice kernel, has the highest amount of anthocyanin antioxidants found in food. It also undergoes less processing than white rice does, and is able to maintain most of its natural nutrients. Even with less processing, like white rice, black rice is easy to cook, and has the soft, chewy texture people love about white rice. It works well in many Asian cooking, adding a nutty, wholesome flavor to dishes.
Today’s Clean Eating Healthy Chicken Recipe offers black rice’s good flavor and healthy nutrients.
The recipe also offers protein-rich chicken and iron-heavy spinach. To induce flavor, garlic, onion and ginger were added too. The end result tastes quite amazing. The best part, though, is the recipe’s effortlessness: it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
Below is the recipe. For printing or saving, there is a recipe card near the bottom of the post.
Healthy Chicken Recipe: Chicken Spinach and Black Rice Noodle
– 5-6 cloves of garlic, crushed
– 2 4-ounce organic chicken breast
– 1/4 cup of diced green onion
– 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion
– 1/2 cup of cooked spinach, chopped
– 2 eggs, scrambled
– 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil, separated
– 2 servings of organic black rice noodle, cooked
– Sea salt
– Ground black pepper For Marinade:
– 1/4 spoon of Tamari organic soy sauce
– 2 table spoons of honey
– 1 table spoon of organic agave
– 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
– 1/4 tea spoon of ground ginger
– 1 tea spoon of corn starch mixed with 1 tea spoon of water
– 2 tea spoons of mirin or cooking wineDirections:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for marinade and mix well. Separate 1/2 of the mix into another bowl. One half is for marinading; the other half is for cooking.
2. Cut chicken into thin slices, add to a mixing bowl, pour in one of the two bowls of marinade. Mix well with chicken.
3. Heat frying pan on high. Add 1/2 table spoon of olive oil.
4. When oil heats up, add chicken.
5. Reduce heat to medium-high and stir-fry contents until chicken’s thoroughly cooked (about 3 min or so). Transfer chicken to plate but keep stove on.
6. Add the other 1/2 of olive oil to frying pan.
7. When oil heats up, add garlic and onions. Cook for 1 min. Now add spinach and stir for another minute. Then add black rice noodle, and stir for another 30 seconds.
8. Reduce heat to medium, sprinkle tiny pinches of sea salt and pepper, and stir content for another minute.
9. Add cooked chicken. Stir for 30 seconds or so. Then pour in the other bowl of marinade, and stir everything for another minute.
10. Turn heat up high and let content cook for two more minutes while stirring every 20 seconds or so.