Clean Eating Side Dish – Tofu and Green Onion Slices
Welcome back to Best Clean Eating Recipes!
Today’s clean eating recipe is a simple side dish that requires only four ingredients–one of them being my favorite meat substitute, tofu. Despite recent debates about tofu’s health benefits, it’s still a great source of protein and antioxidants. Studies have shown that consumption of tofu leads to lower risk of cancer. (Source: The World’s Healthiest Foods Tofu) Plus, it’s also a great source for calcium.
Only four ingredients? Does this clean eating recipe even taste good?
I think so. The combination of tender tofu and crunchy green onions worked well. The dish is actually a popular side in typical Chinese meals. It can also be served as an appetizer or snack.
It’s easy, healthy and delightful. I hope you try it, and like it as much as I did.
– 1/2 block of firm organic tofu, sliced
– 1 cup of green onion, sliced
– 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 pinch of sea salt
1. Heat pan or wok on high. Add oil.
2. In about 1/2 minute, when wok becomes hot, add tofu and onion slices. Stir for 20 seconds.
3. Add sea salt, and continue to stir for 30 more seconds.
4. On high heat, let cook for 15 seconds. Stir for 5 seconds. Let cook for 15 seconds again, and again stir for 5 seconds. Continue this for the next 2 minutes.
5. Reduce to medium heat. Let cook for the next 5 minutes, and stir often (every 10 seconds or so.)
If you need to print the recipe, the recipe card below allows you to do so.
Thank you for visiting Best Clean Eating Recipes!
Again, hope you like today’s recipe as much as I did. See you next time.