Clean Eating Dinner Idea – Sweet Cherry Cream Brown Sauce Over Baked Chicken
Hi there! Welcome back to Best Clean Eating Recipes!
With almost an entire bag of ripe Bing cherries left, I decided to create a sweet and creamy sauce as a clean eating dinner idea. I recall using apricots for a similar recipe last year, and it was a success. My entire family loved it, as well as other clean eating fans. How encouraging! So a cherry cream sauce should do well. Don’t you think?
The recipe’s ingredients and directions are listed below.
Also, if you wish to print it out, please scroll down to the recipe card at the very bottom.
Clean Eating Dinner Idea – Sweet Cherry Cream Brown Sauce Over Baked Chicken (makes 2)
– 1 cup of fresh Bing cherries, de-cored and halved
– 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
– 1/2 tea spoon of ground ginger
– 1/2 tea spoon of white pepper powder (or black pepper)
– 1/2 cup of organic heavy whipping cream
– 1 tea spoon of all-natural light soy sauce
– 1/2 table spoon of organic agave nectar
– 1/2 tea spoon of mirin
– 1 table spoon of organic extra virgin coconut oil
– 8 ounces of baked organic or all-natural chicken breast
1. Heat sauce pan on high. Add coconut oil.
2. When oil becomes hot and melts, add crushed garlic gloves. Let cook for about 10-15 minute, or until garlic turns golden.
3. Add cherries, stir and let cook for about 1 minute.
4. Add soy sauce, agave nectar, ginger and pepper. Turn heat to medium, and stir in heavy cream and mirin. Stir well.
5. Reduce heat to low, and let sauce simmer for 1 minute.
Done! Now pour it over baked chicken, and enjoy!
Besides its sweet and creamy flavor…
the best part of this clean eating recipe is that it takes about 10 minutes to make. Definitely a good idea for week night dinner.
Again, thanks for reading!
Hope you enjoyed today’s recipe.