Clean Eating Dinner Idea – Apricot Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Clean Eating Recipes incorporate a lot of fruits in cooking.
Right now, in the summer time, there are plenty of fruits to eat.
I especially like apricots, because they are juicy, supple and sweet.
Mostly though, it’s because my Grandmother grew an apricot tree, and I always had fresh apricots to enjoy when I was little. Now, thirty-plus years later, I go back in memory every time I pick up an apricot.
Apricots are the ripest from May through August.
So I’m try to savor as much of them as I can right now–and finding different ways to enjoy them.
For family dinner a few nights ago, I wanted to try something different, and remembered my Grandmother making apricot chicken.
“Dinner idea!” I thought, “and I could make it clean too.”
My clean eating dinner idea of apricot chicken stir fry was a hit!
At least my husband and kids enjoyed it. They loved the sweet apricot flavor infused with traditional Chinese cooking. The whole plate was gone in practically minutes.
I hope you enjoy today’s clean eating recipe as much as my family did.
And if you want to print the recipe and try it yourself, please scroll down to the bottom, where the recipe card is, and hit “print.”
Clean Eating Recipe – Apricot Chicken Stir Fry (makes 2)
– 1 apricot
– 5 garlic cloves, crushed
– 2 4-ounce chicken breasts, cut into cubes or sliced
– 2 tea spoons of corn starch
– 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil
– 1/8 cup of vegetable or mushroom oyster sauce (sauce)
– 2 tea spoons of mirin (sauce)
– 1 tea spoon of naturally-brewed light soy sauce (sauce)
– 1 splash of ground ginger powder (sauce)
– 1 splash of paprika (sauce)
– 1 table spoon of organic agave nectar (sauce)
– 1/2 table spoon of water (sauce)
1. Cut apricot into slices.
2. Add all ingredients for sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir to mix.
3. Add chicken cubes into a mixing bowl, and pour sauce in. Mix and marinade for at least 1/2 hour.
4. Now you’re ready to cook. Heat wok or pan on high. Add oil.
5. Let oil heat for 1/2 minute or so. Add garlic and apricot slices.
6. Turn heat down to med-high. Let garlic and apricot cook for about 1 minute. Don’t forget to stir often.
7. Add chicken. Stir fry on med-high for 3 minutes.
8. Now, turn heat down to medium, and let chicken cook for the next 2-3 minutes. Stir occasionally (every 15 seconds or so).
9. Turn heat back on high. Cook for the next minute. Stir every 15 seconds.
By the way, did you know that apricots are considered a “fertility fruit” in China?
It’s thought to enhance a woman’s fertility.
Cool trivia, right?
Well, again, hope you enjoyed today’s clean eating recipe. Add your own rating if you have time, and please visit again soon!